Please note that Jacobson Park closes at dusk so please plan your tee times accordingly as well as observe all park rules.
Barbecue or Disc Golf…. why choose!?! Support both at once.
Wednesday, March 5th. All day fundraiser at City BBQ.
3292 Richmond Road (just outside Man-O-War)
Lexington, KY 40509
25% of all proceeds from meals go to the Lexington Open 16!
Must present a flyer at the counter! Click here> City BBQ Flyer
Thanks City BBQ, and prepare your appetites all!
PDGA Sanctioned Event Veterans Park & Shillito Park DGC In Lexington KY
Saturday February 15th, 2014
The 2014 Lexington Ice Bowl will be the first of 6 statewide events used for determination of the Kentucky representatives to the USDGC!
• All PDGA Divisions Offered (must have 3 people to have division)
• Field is limited to the first 144 players.
The field will be split into 2 pools.
Pool A will include Open, Advanced (including masters and grandmasters) Divisions.
Pool B will include Intermediate, Recreational, Novice, Women and Junior Divisions
Open – $40
Advanced – $30
Intermediate and Recreational – $25
Novice, Women and Junior Divisions – $20
• There will be dual day-of registration from 8:00 – 8:45 AM at Shillito Park for Pool A and at Veterans Park for Pool B
Open and Advanced divisions must sign-in at Shillito Park, all other Divisions must sign-in at Veterans Park
• Player’s Meeting for both pools at 9:00 AM
• Shotgun Start for both Pools at 9:30 AM
All proceeds from this event will be donated to the God’s Pantry FOOD BANK program of Fayette County.
River Hill Charity Bowl and Bag Tag Challenge
Wednesday January 1st, 2013
River Hill DGC, Lexington KY
4 rounds of 9 holes with one-hour break between 18
Non-Sanctioned, charity fundraiser
This tournament is a charity fund-raiser for The Way Home Rescue Alliance.http://www.twhra.org/
Pre-register here! 45 player limit.
This will be the first chance to get your 2013 Bag Tag. #1 will be in play!!
Thanks to everyone who participated in the 2014 Officer Elections, both those who ran for officer positions and those who voted. Here are the 2014 BDGA Officers:
Below is the list of 2014 Officer candidates for the Bluegrass Disc Golf Association.
Voting for officers is restricted to BDGA members.
All votes must be received by 11:59 PM Thursday, November 21.
To cast your vote for officers you must use one of the following:
1. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org Your email should contain your First and Last name as well as your current BDGA bag tag number; you will receive confirmation that your ballot has been cast.
2. Using the BDGA forum http://bdga.org/forum private messaging system. You must be logged in as a registered user, then select “User Control Panel,” then “Private Messages.” Direct your message to Greg Rickert (username: dadOsix); your message should contain your First and Last name as well as your current BDGA bag tag number. You will receive confirmation that your ballot has been cast.
3. By paper ballot – paper ballots will be available at the Saturday, November 16 work day at Jacobson park (9:00-11:00 AM) and at the November BDGA meeting which will take place Monday, November 18 at Mancino’s restaurant on Leestown Rd. Ballots will be available from 6:00-8:00 PM.
At Large (Select up to 4)
Saturday November 16, 8:30 am
One final push with a good work crew could have us ready to set basket sleeves! Most holes are largely cleared with only final trimming and cleanup left to do. Primary tools and equipment needed are lopping shears and rakes to cleanup some of the fairways and green areas.
If we can get the course cleaned up and the first set of placements located, we plan to ask P&R for assistance with digging the holes so that in the next few weeks we can get placements set.
Come on out to help out on the 16th!
Sunday November 10th.
Shillito Park DGC
1 round of 18
12:30 – 1:45pm Registration (Preregistration here or FB is appreciated).
2:00pm Tee off, shotgun start
$5 for all divisions. You must have a 2013 BDGA Bag Tag to compete.
Your division is set by your bag tag!
Sunday October 27, 12:30 pm and Saturday November 2, 8:30 am
Jacobson Park is getting closer to reality! Most holes are largely cleared with only final trimming and cleanup left to do. Once final clearing is complete, we will begin installing baskets and tee pads.
Two workdays are scheduled, Sunday afternoon and Saturday morning. Please plan to come out to one, or both, of these workdays and let’s get this course ready for play!
Sunday, September 22nd. 12pm (Noon).
Lets get this done so we can get the course looking good for next years tournament. I know people want to get it in the ground, so come out and see it.
If you dont know the layout come out and work with us. We will show you the approx. lay of the land. The sooner we get it done the sooner we can all enjoy or attempt to enjoy crushing some 600ft holes.
Plus the famous Zach Snapp will be there!
Contact Sam Wheeling for details.
More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1379543398945795/